Q. 18 weeks pregnant woman used spray pesticide. Is it harmful for the baby?

Published on Jun 16, 2019

My wife is around 18 weeks pregnant and, she started to spray pesticides inside our home. I am concerned that this might harm our developing baby. Please advise.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I understand your concern. Definitely pesticides of any category are harmful. If it can damage the pests, then that will be harmful to the baby. But we humans are bigger in size and damage is not significant, unless sprayed daily for many days, for a long time and directly onto the face. By 18 weeks, the baby is fully formed, so there cannot be any significant damage or long term effects on the baby.

To be on a safer side better to avoid your exposure to pesticides. Do not worry, and your baby will be ok now. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions and for your feedback.

| 

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »

How can we prevent tooth decay and say about the toxic things we touch everyday?

Query: Hi doctor, How can we prevent tooth decay? Please explain about the toxic things that we use every day and say a few words regarding healing tonics.  Read Full »