Q. After taking Viibryd, my sperm thickness is less. Is this a side effect?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 08, 2020

I am on Viibryd for depression and Lipitor for cholesterol. I am 25 years old. Now, I have a very hard time to get up and keep up my interest. It seems to have made my sperm less thick. I have read the side effects and discussed with a few people. I never had these issues before taking these medicines. My question is will my sperm still be potent enough to get a baby? Because, I have been thinking of starting a family now. But, I do not know if I will be able to. Please help.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understood your concerns.

• I like to inform you that the decreased sperm count is not a side effect of Viibryd (Vilazodone) and there is nothing to worry in this regard.
  • I understand that you got this feedback from your friends, but there is no such case observed by any experienced clinician so far.
  • Regarding ability to impregnate a woman, I will request you to get a semen analysis done from a nearby laboratory.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 
1 out of 1 likes