Q. Attaching ultrasound and semen analysis report. Is my report may cause infertility?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

I am suffering from varicocele. I am attaching my ultrasound and semen analysis report. Please clarify me if it is infertility. Can I join the gym? I love to exercise. I feel no pain and all my body functions are good. I have varicocele for almost five years now. I am not on any medication. My age is 23. My height is 5'7" and weight is 62 kg.

#

Your reports are not suggestive of infertility (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You have a good sperm count with good progressive motility. Generally, sperm count less than 20 million is an indicative of infertility. You can join a gym and can do exercise. On the contrary, it is better and will benefit to improve your fertility chances.

Varicocele does cause infertility as accumulated blood in testes increases temperature in the testes that is detrimental for sperm production.

My advice for you is use tight underwear so that testis should not hang down.

Also, use loose clothes that will maintain air circulation around the testes and hence will decrease the temperature of the testes.

Do not work in hot environments and do regular checkups of sperm count.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|