Q. Kindly check my semen analysis report for fertility.

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 26, 2021

Kindly examine my semen analysis report and please suggest.

#

I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to [protect patient identity). Your sperm count is 30 to 32 million/mL. It should be more than 15 million/mL and it is normal. You have total motility of 60 to 63 percent. It should be more than 40 percent. You have a normal morphology of 12 to 30 percent. It should be more than four percent. Your motile sperm count is 18 million/mL. It should be more than 6 million/mL. So your semen analysis is normal in both the reports. But you have pus cells of 10 to 15/hpf and it is shown in the first report. You need to do a semen culture and sensitivity test after taking appropriate antibiotics. I have gone through the reports and there is no problem with fertility. To improve your fertility, you need to take more fruits and vegetables into your diet. Stop smoking and drinking alcohol. Stay away from heat and chemicals. Do not use laptops on the lap. If you do it, put a cushion on the lap, and after that, place the laptop over it. Try to reduce your weight and do not take formulas.

Does my forward progressive is low? Kindly suggest.

#

According to WHO (world health organization), out of 15 million sperms, you should have a motile sperm of 4.8 million/mL. It accounts for 32 percent. In the first report, out of 32 million sperms, you have progressive motile sperm of 14.4 million/mL. It accounts for 45 percent. In the second report, out of 30 million sperms, you have progressive sperm motility of 14.7 million/mL. It accounts for 49 percent. Further, it is examined outside the body. During sex, sperm enters the vagina and reaches the uterus and fallopian tubes within ten to fifteen minutes. Sperm motility increases inside the vagina and uterus.

|