Q. Kindly check my semen analysis report for fertility.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Please I need to check my semen analysis if i am able to conceive

#

Your count is 30-32 millions/ mL it should be more than 15. Total motility is 60-63 % it should be more than 40%. Normal morphology is 12-30% it should be more than 4%. Your motile sperm count is 18 million/mL or more. it should be 6 or more. So your semen analysis report is normal in both the reports. However you have pus cells in the first report 10-15/hpf for this you need to do semen culture and sensitivity test after which appropriate antibiotics will help you. I have read both the reports and there is no problem of fertility. I have given you the criteria accepted world over.

To improve your fertility you should take more of fruits and vegetables, cut down on smoking, alcohol, stay away from heat and chemicals, and dont use laptop on the laps. If you do then put it on a cushion on your lap. Also you should reduce weight, but dont take formulas.

But doctor, my forwar progressive is low. Isn't it?
# As per WHO 32% of 15 million - 4.8 millions/mL should be progressive motility.
In first report 45% of 32 million- 14.4 millions/mL are progressive.
In second report 49% of 30 millions- 14.7 millions/mL are progressive.
Furthermore it is outside body, examined after 30 minutes or more. During sex sperms enter vagina and and within 10-15 minutes reach the uterus and fallopian tubes. Also their motility increase inside the vagina and uterus.

| 

What are the tests urologist may order for low testosterone?

Query: Hi doctor, We are planning for a baby, but there is low sex drive. I am having sex twice in a month. I feel fatigue, stress and low energy. In my job, I am standing for almost 10 hours a day. After a routine checkup, we went to for IVF. They ordered my semen analysis and my doctor referred me to t...  Read Full »

Would my low sperm count have an adverse effect on IVF and ICSI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male with a low sperm count of 1.9 million. My blood work shows that I have a high FSH. Our doctor highly suggested that I get genetic testing done before we proceed with an IVF or an ICSI. I would like to know why he would suggest that.  Read Full »

I cannot understand my semen analysis report. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor,The semen analysis report is in my hand, but I cannot understand it.Liquefaction time- 30 minutes.Duration of abstinence- four days.Appearance- creamy white.Volume 4.0 ml.Ph 8Fructose- Present.Motility- 100.Spermatozoa- rapid 20%, slow 10%, non-progressive motility 5%, immotile 83%.Vita...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now