Q. What does 'Trace TR' in an echocardiography report mean?

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

My father is suffering from high BP from two days. We met a cardiologist and I have the reports. Can you look at them? Our business is not going well. So, he is a lot tensed lately. He had something similar two years ago.

Do you have a question on Tricuspid Regurgitation or High Blood Pressure?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

MBBS ., MD., DM CARDIOLOGY
Cardiology

I have seen the echo report you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a normal echocardiography report.

As your father is going through a tough phase and his BP is increased, it is better to give him antihypertension drugs provided by your doctor. (You have not provided drug details).

After controlling BP he may feel better.

Thanks. Hope this helps.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Sorry for not updating. But yes my father is taking that normal hypers given to every BP patient. Also, the report says Trace TR with no significant grade. What does that mean? Any other precautions? Thanks in advance.

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

MBBS ., MD., DM CARDIOLOGY
Cardiology

Trace TR is a normal finding in echocardiography. There is no need to worry for it.

If possible try to avoid situations which will increase stress and engage him in activities that make him calm and happy.

Heart Valve Regurgitation
Article Overview: Regurgitation is the backflow of the blood in the opposite direction due to improper closure of the heart valves. This article discusses why it occurs.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Regurgitation is the backflow of the blood in the opposite direction due to improper closure of the heart valves. There are four types depending on which of the valves are affected. Mitral regurgitation. Aortic regurgitation. Tricuspid regurgitation. Pulmonary regurgitation. Why Does It Occur? I ...  Read Article »

I have high blood pressure and feel chest pain. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I feel pain on the left side of my chest. I have no sugar but high blood pressure. My age is 50 years. I am 67 inches in height and my weight is 78 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to gastroesophageal reflux or muscle pain. I recommend taking an antacid and Acetaminophen. If the pain persists, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam and some tests as follows: Resting ECG a...  Read Full »

Simple Ways to Control Hypertension Naturally
Article Overview: This article tells how to control high blood pressure without any medicine with simple lifestyle modifications.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Following lifestyle modifications for blood pressure control are recommended: The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) eating pattern should be preferred. Reducing sodium intake. Reducing alcohol consumption. Exercising regularly. Losing weight. Smoking cessation. Stressbusters. ...  Read Article »

Ask a Doctor Now