Q. Does trisomy 21 of 1:250 report show high risk?

Dr. Nadia Khan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Mar 18, 2019

I am 12 weeks 5 days pregnant. My NT scan measures 1.6 mm, the double marker PAPP-A is 2.82, and free beta hCG is 36.7 Could you please help with the report? Was it normal? My trisomy 21 is 1:250.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

1 in 250 is a high risk for trisomy which means your risk of having a baby with trisomy 21 is 1 out of 250. But this test is only a screening test which means that they just calculate the risk of having a baby with down syndrome. If someone is found at higher risk like yours, then she is offered a diagnostic test (amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling).

In those tests, a sample of fluid is taken from your baby and examined in labs to confirm the diagnosis accurately.

In my 18th week of pregnancy, clubfoot was diagnosed. Should I undergo amniocentesis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in my 18th week of pregnancy. The fetus has been diagnosed with clubfoot when I went for an anomaly scan on the 16th week. There is no other anomaly diagnosed so far. Please let me know if I have to undergo amniocentesis to rule out other associated anomalies. If I am not wrong, I ha...  Read Full »

Do my wife's NT scan and double marker test results show a high risk for Down's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife had NT scan and double marker test at 12 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. The report is as follows, CRL is 59.2 mm, NT is 1.45 mm, free beta-hCG is 84.84 IU/L, equivalent to 2.217 MoM and PAPP-A 0.712 IU/L equivalent to 0.282 MoM. Trisomy 21 is 1: 450 1:47 and trisomy 18 is 1: 5315...  Read Full »

Please explain about the factors help to calculate the risk of trisomy 21.

Query: Hi doctor, My NT scan showed me a range of 1.4 mm and my double marker showed me a risk of 1:20300. But my age risk showed a result of 1:176. Which one has to be considered and what it signifies regarding the risk for trisomy 21?  Read Full »