Q. What is causing pimples on the back and shoulders?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

I have been developing pimples on the back of shoulders and on shoulders as shown in the photos attached. What could be the reason for this and what are the medications?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Acne occurs not only on the face but also on the upper back and chest. It is usually due to the hormonal activity over the oil glands of the body. Your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are suggestive of a combination of truncal acne and Pityrosporum folliculitis. This could be due to your young age, tight clothing, excessive sweating, humid climate, foods with high glycemic index and improper hygiene.

Truncal acne or Pityrosporum folliculitis.

1. Acnil soap for bath.
2. Ketoconazole lotion (Kevon stay on lotion or KZ lotion) in the morning after bath.
3. Benzoyl peroxide gel (Persol forte cream) at night.

Decrease foods with high glycemic index, take bath daily, avoid tight-fitting clothes.

| 

Please suggest treatment for pimples on the private parts?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now