Q. My T3 and T4 values are normal, but my TSH values is high. Why?

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Tsh Level or T3 & T4 Levels? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 44-year-old male with 5ft 4" in height and 69 kgs weight. My TSH (9.83) value is high, but T3 total (104.6) and T4 total (8.5) are normal. No medications are other than Uprise-D3 60 K capsule, which I take weekly. I have no particular symptoms but no weight loss in spite of very active sports and workouts daily and cholesterol borderline high in spite of a very balanced low-fat diet. My report says,

Cholesterol 201, LDL Cholesterol 135, HDL Cholesterol 42, Non-HDL Cholesterol 159.00, and Triglycerides 118.