iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersEndocrinologytsh levelWill intake of Thyronorm cause a spike in the level of TSH?

My TSH level is derranged after taking Thyronorm. Do I need to adjust the dosage of it?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At December 10, 2020
Reviewed AtJune 10, 2021

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Before six months, I took a thyroid test. My FT3, FT4, and TSH were within range. But when I did a test this week, I had a TSH of 14.69 mIU/L and FT3 and FT4 are within range. I am taking Thyronorm 125 mcg for two and a half years. Do I need to adjust its dose for having higher TSH levels?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

The thyroid hormone present in the blood is made of two components such as free component and bound component. A free component is usually effective. While measuring hormone levels, we need to take both free and bound forms into consideration. As your free form is normal or within range, then you do not need to be worried. Your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) remains high as your bound form of hormone is low. Usually, thyroid hormones get bonded to proteins like albumin. I suggest you do tests to know your albumin level. Kindly continue taking the same dose of Thyronorm and repeat TSH after four weeks.

Investigations to be done

Do serum albumin

Probable diagnosis

You seem to have hypothyroidism.

Treatment plan

You do not require any treatment.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Mohammed Abdul Nasir
Dr. Mohammed Abdul Nasir

Pain Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

thyronormtsh level

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy