Q. Will low TSH level cause irregular heart beat with hand tremors?

Dr. Nasir
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 04, 2021

I have a low TSH level. But they remain within normal range. My T3 and T4 levels are normal. I have irregular heartbeats, hand tremors, fatigue, irregular periods. What is the cause?

# Hi,

As your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is in lower range with normal values of T3 (tri-iodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine), then it is necessary to check your free T3 levels. In our body, T3 and T4 occur in free and bound form. Free-form always remains active. As your TSH is low with normal T3 and T4 values, then free T3 levels help in deciding whether you have hyperthyroidism. As you facing some symptoms of hyperthyroidism, I suggest you do these tests as soon as possible. After that, you can start taking medication for hyperthyroidism which gives you relief from your symptoms.

You need to do FT3 (free tri-iodothyronine).

You seem to have hyperthyroidism.

Your treatment can be decided after knowing T3 levels.

|