Q. I have breathing trouble and cough in spite of taking TB medicines. What should I do?

Dr. Shitla Prasad Upadhyay

I have tuberculosis and have been taking medicines for three and half months.  Now, I have a breathing problem and cough.

#

• The breathlessness and cough are due to a broncho constriction that is associated with TB (tuberculosis).
  • You can take the following tests:
  1. CBC (complete blood count).
  2. HRCT (high-resolution computed tomography) thorax.
  3. Sputum for AFB (acid-fast bacillus) repeat.
  • I suggest taking syrup Reswas (a combination of Levodropropizine and Chlorpheniramine) 10 ml thrice a day for ten days and inhale one cap Duolin Rotacap (a combination of Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium) with Revolizer device four times a day.
  • Also, avoid temperature fluctuations. Get adequate sleep and rest.

Follow up after 10 days with the test reports.

Revert after 10 days to a pulmonologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

|