Q. My mother's sugar level is not decreasing inspite of using medicines. Kindly suggest other medications?

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 06, 2019

My mother has diabetics type 2. Currently, she is using Metformin 500 mg two times a day with Glibenclamide. The problem is it is not dropping as before. Can you please help with other medications or tablets?

#

Your mother needs some different medications, Glimepiride 3 mg before breakfast, Sitagliptin Metformin combination of 50/850 twice daily after meals. Decrease fats in her diet, avoid fast food. Increase physical activity if possible. Sugary things should be avoided altogether. Report me after one week.

Can I substitute Amaryl tablet with Kombiglyze tablet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently on Amaryl 2 mg. As I will be traveling shortly, to a country where I am told Amaryl is not available, but Kombiglyze is available there. Is it okay to take this substitute?  Read Full >>

Dr. Sreejith Mg
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Amaryl has Metformin 500 mg and Glimepiride 2 mg and Kombiglyze contains Metformin and Saxagliptin. Both combinations are different, so the level of sugar control will be different. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea and Saxagliptin is a DPP4 (Dipeptidyl peptidase 4) inhibitor...  Read Full

How to handle premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I ejaculate within 20 seconds of penetration. Is it curable? Suggest me some medicines for the same.  Read Full >>

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Premature ejaculation is a common condition which affects men. If you are perfectly healthy without any medical conditions such as type-2 diabetes mellitus or hypertension, you can easily overcome your problem. Mostly, it is due to anxiety. I advise you to get r...  Read Full

Is it fine to eat carbohydrates within 40 minutes after taking a GH shot?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it fine to eat carbohydrate and sugar within 40 minutes of growth hormone injection? Because, it is believed that after injecting growth hormone, a person should wait for at least 40 minutes to eat carbohydrate or sugar. Please explain.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. No, it is not advisable to eat carbohydrate and sugar for at least 60 minutes after taking a growth hormone shot. The more carbohydrate you consume, the higher your blood sugar will raise, which then set off insulin production. Insulin and ...  Read Full

Ask a Diabetologist Now