Q. My mother's sugar level is not decreasing inspite of using medicines. Kindly suggest other medications?

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali

My mother has diabetics type 2. Currently, she is using Metformin 500 mg two times a day with Glibenclamide. The problem is it is not dropping as before. Can you please help with other medications or tablets?

#

Your mother needs some different medications, Glimepiride 3 mg before breakfast, Sitagliptin Metformin combination of 50/850 twice daily after meals. Decrease fats in her diet, avoid fast food. Increase physical activity if possible. Sugary things should be avoided altogether. Report me after one week.

|