Q. My baby has undescended testicles. Will it descend on its own?

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Published on Apr 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

My baby boy was born after full term pregnancy by surgery. His birth weight is 3.75 kg.  But, his both testicles are undescended. What are the chances that his testicles will descend on its own? For how long should I wait before further treatment?

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• Most of the time in 98% cases, the testes will descend by 6 to 9 months of age.
  • But, I want you to get an ultrasound done to check the presence of testes and its position.

Revert back with the report to a paediatric surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatric-surgeon

| 

What should we do for our son's undescended testis?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 11 years old. He had undescended testis. The doctors found it diminishing, and they removed it through surgery. The other testis is still undescended. It is very small in size, and as per doctor the cord attached to it is small and hence cannot be brought down. Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Why did the ultrasound scan at the eighth week show 5.5 weeks baby with no heartbeat?

Query: Hello doctor, The first ultrasound scan at six weeks showed a baby with heartbeats. But, after 15 days, it shows 5.5 weeks baby with no heartbeat. The doctor told me to take MTP pills. After taking these pills, I had heavy bleeding for six days, and from the seventh day, I started expelling black bl...  Read Full »

Am i pregnant if the pregnancy test is negative?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my last period on the 1st of last month. I did not have sex until the 33rd day (it was protected sex) of my cycle. Now, I have not yet had my periods. It is the 39th day and I took a pregnancy test on the 38th day and it came out to be negative. I do not know what to do. I did ha...  Read Full »

Ask a Paediatric Surgeon Now