Q. Had unprotected sex but there was no ejaculation. Is there a chance for me acquire HIV?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

I am 27 years old heterosexual male. I am married and have a three months old baby boy, I never had sex before my marriage neither outside it, but yesterday I went to a massage center which including massage with oil, sona, steam room and then moroccan shower by the lady. During the shower she did touch my penis and kissed me but the kiss without tongue, and it was like a pure kisses then she started rubbing her buttocks along my penis one thing led to other she inserted my penis inside her for about 10 to 20 minutes and I removed it for a few seconds then I inserted back again for few second maybe less than the first time or similar then I removed it and immediately washed my penis pretty good for a while, no I am so afraid for my self and my wife. And I cannot hold not having sex with my wife for any time longer.

1. I asked the girl she said she always get tested every six months and she said she is clean, but I cannot believe.

2. I did not ejaculate, and neither she and I am circumcised, and all the time I was cover in oil and soap, she was also (I do not know this bad or good).

3. I cleaned my self (penis) repeatedly and immediately.

4. Please tell me what to do. I am so afraid.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

The answer to your question based on the various things that unprotected sexual act without ejaculation still puts you at some risk of contacting HIV as you do not know the other person status. But the good thing is that you are circumcised and there is ample evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60 % (world health organization (WHO)).

WHO and UNAIDS (The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS) even recommended​ it as an efficient intervention for HIV prevention. In case there are no tears or fresh open wound, chances are very low. However, I do suggest you undertake HIV rapid test now and if negative then a repeat HIV test at three months and then at six months. Take precautions for the future. I hope your query is answered, but if you still have, please revert.

|