I had unprotected intercourse three times with an unknown woman. After 20 days, my symptoms started with stomach cramps and diarrhea. My endoscopy report shows acute superficial gastritis. But my CBC test was fine. Doctor prescribed medicine, but it did not help. Day by day, I became tired all the time, I am having a rash, oral yeast infection, and diarrhea. After two months, a gastroenterologist checked my CBC, stool, urine, HIV(combo), Hepatitis B and C, and serological test. All were negative. But the doctor did not understand what my problem is. But I always thought that I may be affected by HIV. After three months again, my HIV Elisa combo antigen and antibody test came out negative. But I am very much tired, and diarrhea persists with stomach upset. After five months, I consult an HIV specialist doctor in the ART center; that time my rapid antibody test again was negative. But this time, my CBC report shows an infection. HIV specialist told, my CBC shows an infection, but it is not specific for HIV. May be I have another infection. After seven months again, my HIV ELISA (antibody) test came out negative. After nine months, I was tested for STD pannel such as Hepatitis B and C, CMV, H. Pylori, VDRL, Herpes virus 1, and 2. But all the results were Negative. Now, after one and half years, my HIV and antibody test is negative. But I always think I am infected with HIV because I have symptoms, and medicine is not helping me. So I am planning for the HIV PCR test now. My question is :
1) What is the suspicious cause of this problem(gastritis with diarrhea)? I guess my problem is sexual infection. Before this, I never faced these problems, and it has not happened due to my lifestyle and food habits.
2)Is my HIV test conclusive for HIV?
3)I do not have IBS. Only HIV, HBV, HCV, TB cause these symptoms or another virus can also lead this sickness?
4)Advice me for more tests to rule out the reason for sickness.What can I do now? Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
First of all, I feel there is neither HIV nor any sexually transmitted infections. This is because repeated tests without any evidence of infection are enough to tell that there is nothing concrete in this regard.
Now coming to your questions.
1. The most likely cause of your problem is stress. You might be aware that stress affects your gastrointestinal system severely and can cause a variety of symptoms, including stomach ache and loose motions.
2. Yes, it is conclusive 99 % although PCR will make it 100%.
3. The chronological association between the stress after unprotected sexual encounter and development of gastrointestinal symptoms indicates the virus are not the cause including HIV.
4. I think you need to see a mental health professional for a possible diagnosis of hypochondriasis and relevant treatment. There is no test to diagnose hypochondriasis other than the interaction with a mental health professional.
I hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy. Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, After 15 months of unprotected sex, I went for HIV test called Comb AIDS test but, the result came back negative for both HIV-1 and 2. Again after three months, I redid the test, but even this time, the result was negative. I was not satisfied, so I went for ELISA tes... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I have few questions to ask regarding my health problems. After 25 months of unprotected sex, I went for an HIV test called comb AIDS test, and the result came negative for both HIV-1 and HIV-2. At the same time, I also took a test on HBsAg, HVC, scrub typhus, Widal test, and blood sug... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Sexologist Now