Q. Are my symptoms indicative of HIV infection?

Dr. Murali R

I am having hot breaths, and my eyes feel hot. I have acidity problems. All these problems started after I had sexual intercourse. Is it an indication of HIV? Should I get a western blot test now?

Dr. Murali R

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• Hot breaths and acidity problems are non-specific symptoms and are not related to HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection.
  • The risk factors for HIV infection is having sex with unknown partners, whose HIV status is not known, or through blood transmission. If you had any of this risk factor, then get tested for HIV.
  • Mostly, the symptoms of HIV will be fever, recurrent diarrhea, and lymphadenopathy. The gap between infection and symptoms are years together.

Please provide more history to give better advice. Have a nice day.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you for the reply. I had intercourse with a partner, whose HIV status is unknown. After that, I am having hot breaths, hot eyes, and acidity. I do not have diarrhea. I checked my temperature in the morning, which was 97 degrees. The weather here is cold and raining.

Dr. Murali R

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.

• Do not worry, the symptoms what you have are not related to HIV. The risk of HIV transmission is low, that is, it is 4 out of 10,000 possible exposure with an HIV-infected partner.
  • To detect HIV infection, NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test) test will detect as early as 12 days or p24 antigen test detects as early as 16 days. Western blot will detect HIV after three months only.

All symptoms you are having is due to anxiety, so just relax. Have a nice day.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

If these tests come as normal, then do I need to do any further tests?

Dr. Murali R

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.

• No need for any further tests. Please follow-up with the report.

Have a wonderful day.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|