Q. My friend had unprotested sex during the unsafe period. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Sosela Rrusho
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana

My friend had unprotected intercourse with his partner on the day when his partner is in high chance to be pregnant but he pulled out. After that, his partner drank 5 contraceptive pills to counter the pregnancy(since Plan B is not allowed in our country). What are the chances that his partner will get pregnant? And what can we do to be sure that his partner will not be pregnant? Thank you.

#

Greetings, Welcome to Icliniq.com I will be assisting to you today. Even if he has not ejaculated, they still has a chance of pregnancy if the pre-seminal fluid, the clear fluid that comes out before semen, which is rich in young healthy sperms, comes in contact. This is not an effective method as I pill but is suggested to take four tablets of contraception (combination of Ethinyl Estradiol and Drospirenone) at the time and than to repeat four more tablets after 12 hours. This being a high dose of hormones, it will suddenly increase the inner lining of the uterus. This makes it unfavorable for the possible embryo to settle into the uterus. This is an old method and do not delay the pills. As time passes, the effectiveness reduces. Please do not keep repeating this frequently, it can disturb the hormonal balance and can reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Consult your specialist doctor and discuss with him or her and to have their consent. I hope the answer it was helpful. Best Regards

| 

What are the things to consider before planned pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the best things one can do to get pregnant?  Read Full »

The pregnancy test is positive. Please suggest an abortion kit.

Query: Hello doctor, My actual period date was over a month ago. I missed my period. A small dark spotting was seen. The pregnancy test is positive. Please suggest an abortion kit.  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»