Q. My pregnancy tests are repeatedly negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had unprotected sex on the 18th of last month. It was the sixth day of my periods. I had an I-pill six hours after having sex. It has been one month and 25 days. I did not get my periods. I am checking for pregnancy every week, and it shows negative. The last date I tested was on the 4th. It was again negative. But, I am worried that I am pregnant.

#

• Since you had intercourse during the safe period, the chances of pregnancy are almost negligible. Your pregnancy test as on the 4th is also negative.
  • Repeat the test on the 11th. If it is negative, then just relax. I hope you did not have intercourse after the 18th.
  • The delay can be due to stress or even I-pill.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What do 'thyroid profile' and 'prolactin levels' mean?

#

• These are blood tests. The derangement of these might cause irregular periods.
  • Just wait until the 11th. You will have your periods. If you do not get your periods by then, repeat the pregnancy test. If it is negative, just get an ultrasound.

|