Q. My pregnancy tests are repeatedly negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare
Published on Nov 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had unprotected sex on the 18th of last month. It was the sixth day of my periods. I had an I-pill six hours after having sex. It has been one month and 25 days. I did not get my periods. I am checking for pregnancy every week, and it shows negative. The last date I tested was on the 4th. It was again negative. But, I am worried that I am pregnant.

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Since you had intercourse during the safe period, the chances of pregnancy are almost negligible. Your pregnancy test as on the 4th is also negative.
  • Repeat the test on the 11th. If it is negative, then just relax. I hope you did not have intercourse after the 18th.
  • The delay can be due to stress or even I-pill.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What do 'thyroid profile' and 'prolactin levels' mean?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• These are blood tests. The derangement of these might cause irregular periods.
  • Just wait until the 11th. You will have your periods. If you do not get your periods by then, repeat the pregnancy test. If it is negative, just get an ultrasound.

Is there a permanent cure for hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having hypothyroidism. She is having the TSH level of 13 miu/l. We had consulted a doctor and after few tests, the doctor suggested to take Thyroxine 100 mcg everyday morning on empty stomach. How long she needs to take the medication? Is there a permanent cure for this?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your wife and her thyroid function test results. Well, she does seem to have hypothyroidism. But her dose seems to be a bit higher. Anyways, you must usually take it according to your body weight or the TSH values. Try to repeat the same ...  Read Full

My period is due in three days. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,Today I had unprotected sex with my partner. In just three days my period is due. He pulled out and I am sure he did not come inside me. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant? Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you need to know the safe period concept during which you can even have unprotected sex and it does not cause pregnancy, but it is for regular 28 days cycle. A menstrual cycle is calculated from the first day of your period to the first day of the next peri...  Read Full