Q. I have dark hair growing around nipples, abdomen, and belly button. Is it a hormonal problem?

Dr. Saurabh Pandey
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2021

I am a 19-year-old female. I am concerned about the hair growing around my nipples. I have hair growth on the abdomen and dark hair growth around the belly button. I also have a few stray hairs growing on the neck and chest. I keep on plucking it to avoid having it. I have hair growth on the sides of my jaw and lower side of my face. I have lots of fine, dark hairs on the breasts and between them. Previously, I had a tremendous hair fall and after taking treatment, it got resolved. My periods are mostly regular but they come earlier sometimes. My flow is very low than usual and it lasts only for three days. I am concerned about this hair growth. Can I have this issue due to hormones?

#

Hairs on the body of females occur in relation to many disorders. In 2 to 4% of cases, it occurs normally and it does not occur in relation to anything. Mostly, it is caused due to PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). As your periods are normal without having pain during menstruation, then there is a least chance for you to have it. I suggest you do ultrasonography along with a complete blood count and hormonal assay. It helps to clear your doubts and you can have treatment accordingly.

You need to do sonography, hormone levels, and CBC (complete blood count).

| 
1 out of 1 likes