Facial Hair

How can I stop my body from producing excessive male hormones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sickle cell trait. I was diagnosed with pcos and pmdd. I got a colonoscopy done for chronic constipation. But, the report was inconclusive. My main concern is that, my body is producing lot of male hormones. Due to which, I have a lot of facial hair and have a deep voice. On a r...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have multiple issues with your hormonal levels. I will provide some guidelines which you can proceed with: Your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is very low. This means you are ove...  Read Full »

What are the causes of unwanted hair growth on the upper lips and chin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old girl. I have unwanted hair on my upper lips and chin. My breast size is also small. Is there any medicine which will help in getting rid of these problems?  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have hair anywhere else say tummy, back, thighs, around the nipples? Do you have a lot of acne also along with your excess hair growth? Is there any family history of similar problems? Are your menstrual cycles normal? Are there any irregularities? Di...  Read Full »

Why do I have bald patches on beard?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have problems with my beard. My beard grows in patches, only in certain parts of my face. The remaining areas are clear without any facial hair. It makes me look awkward. Does any supplement encourage hair growth and solve my problem. Is that possible doctor?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Beard and mustache are said to be secondary sexual characters. Some people may not get the full area of beard distribution at a young age. The area and thickness of facial hair increases as you grow. Repeated shaving also increases the possibility of hair growth and...  Read Full »

My small penis creates an inferiority complex when using public toilets. Help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I am married and have a child. But, my penis is small. It is 2 inches in the normal stage and 4.2 inches during erection. I do not have any sexual issue. I have a good erection and my wife is getting an orgasm. But, the issue is I cannot use the public toile...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that you have an absolutely normal size of the penis and there is nothing to be ashamed about the size. The normal size of penis ranges between 3 to 5 inches while erect and 2 to ...  Read Full »

I am not getting married because of my facial hair. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old female. I have PCOD. My doctor prescribed me Fertiplus tablets containing Myo-inositol and D-chiro inositol. But, I cannot afford it. Please suggest me a low-cost treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The easiest and cheapest way for you to get healthy is by lifestyle modification such as diet and exercise. Try losing weight. You need to lose 20 kg. Weight loss itself will improve the symptoms of PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). Take Calcium tablet like She...  Read Full »

How to grow dense beard?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old, but do not have facial hair growth yet. I only get mustache but no beard. Please give me a solution. How to grow a good dense beard? I do get but some uneven growth. Thank you.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial hair are your body's constitution. In most cases if you have normal growth of body and private parts then this problem should respond normally. I would like to know about your hair growth in underarms, pubic area and growth of your penis and testes. Revert back wit...  Read Full »

Is increased DHEA-S level, a cause for facial hair in females?

Query: Hello doctor, My DHEA-S level is 482, which is quite high for a female. The test was done after more than 12 hours of fasting. Is it fine? The test was done as I have seven to eight thick facial hairs on my chin. About four years back, I visited a doctor for the same issue of facial hair. After c...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your testosterone and dihydrotestosterone levels are normal, then this level is not of much significance. So, please send me your testosterone and DHT levels. Revert back with the details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/derm...  Read Full »

Is there any surgery to eradicate hirsutism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I have been suffering from hirsutism (due to PCOS) for about six years. I have undergone treatments like LASER (for about a year) and even consumed antiandrogens and contraceptive pills. But, nothing really worked out. It is horrible now. The growth of the h...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I can answer, I would like to see some lab reports. Serum testosterone. DHEAS (most sensitive to adrenals, if > 800 ug/dl suggests adrenal tumor). 17-hydroxyprogesterone. Serum prolactin. Urinary 17-ketosteroid. FSH and LH during first three days of...  Read Full »

I have hair on my face, hands, and legs. Is this Cushing's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 19 year old female. I have hair on my face, hands, and legs. I have regular periods. My weight is 50 kg, and I am 153 cm tall. Is this Cushing's syndrome?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Excess unwanted hair at unusual sites requires investigation for any underlying hormonal abnormality even if the cycles are regular. It is routine to go for a few blood tests to look for any underlying hormonal abnormality. Laser hair reduction is a...  Read Full »

I am just 22 and already going bald. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old male, height 5 feet and 5 inches and weight 66 kg. I first started experiencing hair fall a year ago, and after taking homeopathy treatment, there was a good improvement in a couple of months. I did not have any hair fall for eight to nine months. But, from the last ...  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hair fall you are experiencing might be androgenetic alopecia, and this is a genetic condition. This happens if your father or other family members are bald. Usually, the genetic baldness starts from the age of 20 to 25 and gradually progresses. A fall of up to 1...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.