Q. I have hair on my face, hands, and legs. Is this Cushing's syndrome?

I am a 19 year old female. I have hair on my face, hands, and legs. I have regular periods. My weight is 50 kg, and I am 153 cm tall. Is this Cushing's syndrome?

#

Thanks for your query.

• Excess unwanted hair at unusual sites requires investigation for any underlying hormonal abnormality even if the cycles are regular. It is routine to go for a few blood tests to look for any underlying hormonal abnormality.
  • Laser hair reduction is a very safe and reliable way for facial hair as well as hair removal at other sites. Coarse facial hair in females can be safely and effectively reduced by laser technique. There are certain medications also available for the treatment.
  • So, I would suggest you consult a dermatologist and get examined and investigated to confirm the cause of excess hair growth and get treated accordingly.

Thanks.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|