Q. Please suggest medicines for cold, fever and ear pain.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Upper Respiratory Tract Infection or Ear Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

M.B.B.S., M.D. MEDICINE
Critical Care Physician, Diabetology, General Medicine, Internal Medicine, Medical Gastroenterology,

• It seems you have developed upper respiratory tract infection.
  • I usually, after examination, advice the following to my patients:
  1. Tablet Moxikind CV 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for three days.
  2. Tablet Sinarest (Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol, and Phenylephrine) twice daily for five days.
  3. Nasivion nasal drops (Oxymetazoline) two to three drops three times a day in the nose for three days.
  4. Warm saline gargles and steam inhalation.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query please ask me.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Also, I am experiencing continuous ear discharge. Earlier it was watery, but now it is brown.

M.B.B.S., M.D. MEDICINE

• Since when are you having this ear discharge? Was it even before you got these symptoms of cough and cold?
  • Are both ears discharging or only from a single ear?

Revert with the asked details for a better help.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have ear clicking and discharge. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor,I hear a clicking sound in my ears since the last three to four months. When I put my fingers inside my ears, a brown sticky substance comes out. The clicking sound does not come on its own, but it comes when I focus on it too much, although I have no earache.  Read Full »
Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it can either be due to wax impaction or it can be due to a defect in your eustachian tube functioning which is causing pressure differences in your ear and may cause fluid collection, or a tinnitus. But to confirm this, you need a personal consultat...  Read Full »

I have ear pain after removing ear wax. Is it serious?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from ear pain for the last two days and it has become really serious now. The entire right side of my face has gone numb and I am not able to hear properly in my right ear. I can listen to some hissing sound. I remember cleaning my ear with my fingers and tried to...  Read Full »
Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms and history of ear cleaning, it is suggestive of otitis externa with ear wax. Do not worry too much. It is a soft tissue infection of your ear canal most probably due to finger nail trauma. You need to take some medication and precautions and it ...  Read Full »

I sit in front of the computer for long and I am unable to focus. How can I be helped?
Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are feeling cold and I am unable to focus. I have been feeling this since last week. I sit in front of the computer for a long time. I do not want spectacles. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all kindly answer these questions. How many hours per day do you spend in front of a computer? Is there watering of the eye too? Are you suffering from a headache? While working on the computer, if you are working for long hours then take a break every 35 ...  Read Full »

I have acne on my cheeks, chin, jawline, and neck for the past four years. Please help.
What can be done for horseness of voice which is lasting for more than a month?
Yasmin Birth Control Pills - Quick Facts | Composition | Works | Usage | Side Effects