Q. Why the ear pain increased after using prescribed ear drops?

Answered by Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Otitis Externa or Ear Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

A few months back, I had ear pain and according to the doctor, I had a fungal infection and got my ear cleansed and prescribed some drops for my ear to be used. As I used those ear drops my ear pain got increased and it turned into a very severe pain that I start feeling that some fluid was dropping from my throat and felt like that was a fluid from my brain, also felt like my brain is drying from inside. And I could not sleep because it feels like something is frozen in my brain.

I am feeling better now but I still feel tensions in muscles and do not see any further progress in my condition. I feel like I have head muscle weakness and got to have some X-rays or something. Please advice.