Q. Why am I having forceful urination with itching and burning in penis, urethra and anus?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

I am 32 years old and suffering from forceful urination and urine direction is towards the left side. I do have itching, burning feeling in urethra, anus, and penis. I have been prescribed Afzoo, Kcit and Cranpac D. That does not seem to be working. I think my symptoms match with urethritis. Additionally, I have been facing this issue since the day. While I was urinating in the morning, I felt some sudden nerve movement.

#

Your symptoms suggest either prostatitis or urethritis. We also need to rule out stricture of the urethra. Please share your urine and ultrasound reports. Also get a uroflow test done. A urine culture should be sent if not done till now. What is the duration of symptoms? What is the frequency of urination? How is your flow? Is there any urgency or straining while passing urine? Is there any abdominal or back pain? Let me know all the above. Take care.

It is happening for almost a month. Frequency is normal, as usual. But sometimes I have to visit restroom frequently. Flow is not normal. It is showery. I have to strain while passing urine. I do have pain in sitting bone. I have not performed urine culture and urine flow test yet.

#

The possibilities are stricture with UTI (urinary tract infection) or prostatitis. Please get a urine culture done at the laboratory. Please get uroflow done. This is usually available at urologist clinic or in multispeciality hospitals. Once you have given urine for culture, start tablet Levoflox 750 mg once daily, tablet Enzoflam (Diclofenac with Serratiopeptidase) twice daily, tablet Pantocid 40 mg once daily. Continue Afzoo (Alfuzosin) and Cranpac-D (Cranberry and D-Mannose). Continue above medications till your reports come. Send me those reports. Take care.

|