Q. My wife suffers from chronic bladder issues with the urge to urinate and frequent micturition. Why?

Dr. Ankush Jairath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 06, 2020

May I submit the test result of a urine sample for a medical assessment? My wife asked me to report the following: she suffers from chronic bladder issues, an urge to urinate, frequent micturition. She undertook a test of a urine sample a couple of days ago. The results are shown in the attachment. What can be read in the results? Would 'nitrite' be positive if it were an infection? What other tests would need to be undertaken as a consequence? My wife takes blood pressure-lowering drugs (Coversyl 5), has a history of Psoriasis. She has a previous history of bladder infection, which is not treated with antibiotics. Thank you for your help and support.

Best regards.

#

She seems to be having an active urinary tract infection. The cause of UTI is not known yet, but it is common in females. It would help if you got an ultrasound of the abdomen with PVRU (post-void residual urine test), CBC (complete blood count), RFT (renal function test), and urine C/S (culture and sensitivity).

You can start taking,

• Tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg for five days.
  • Syrup Citralka (Disodium Hydrogen Citrate) 10 ml trice daily for two weeks.
  • Tablet Chymoral forte (Trypsin and Chymotrypsin) twice daily for five days.

She can continue taking antihypertensive drugs as before. Kindly review after reports. Feel free to ask anything else you want.

Thanks and regards.

|