Q. There are cracks in urinary meatus on erection. What can be done?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2022

I feel like my urinary meatus has changed over a longer period of time. It is sometimes red and irritated and I know this sounds weird but I think it has gotten longer. More specifically, in my opinion, there are cracks or tears that get especially visible when I have an erection. Kindly help.

#

Relax and do not worry. I have seen images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per me, the size of meatus is absolutely normal. Yes, in some images it appears dry and red with cracks. I think dryness is because of an allergic reaction to soap or any other material. As you do not have any symptoms there is nothing to worry. I want you to apply Clobetasol propionate cream 0.05 percent topical twice a day for 14 days. Avoid any irritants like soap. Just clean with plain water and do not apply soap.

Clobetasol requires a prescription in my country. So do you recommend to make an appointment with a urologist?

#

Yes, please consult your urologist, discuss my opinion and get appropriate treatment.

|