Q. What does the picture of torn meatus indicate?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I have a torn meatus and would like an opinion on a couple of pictures I took of it about its condition and if I should get medical assistance for stitches or something. I have already gone to an urgent care who looked at it but it looks bigger or more open or something now. I am on an antibiotic for a infection I guess that is there cfausing pain- itchy burn and cannot wear clothing on it yet at all.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Connect me with those images for better diagnosis and treatment.

| 

I have attached 4 images that were taken today The initial injury occured 10 days back. The meatus is still very sensitive and feels itchy and like it is more open. The underside of my penis head is also very sensitive and I cannot have anything rub on it like clothing. I have been on a simple antibiotic that I take orally 4 times a day since last one week. I will complete the antibiotic tomorrow.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

I have seen all your 4 images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does not look underline abcess, but yes there will be mild urethritis, which is causing burning sensation secondary to urethral metal injury. Kindly follow the following instructions:

1) Maintain hygiene.

2) Increase antibiotics for 2 more days.

3) Drink plenty of water.

4) Alkasol 2 tsp with glass of water twice a day.

| 

What is Alkosol? Also, I am concerned about the tear at the top. It is about an 1/8 and looks to me anyway jagged. I am scared it will tear in the future. It is very sore. Could it be from the injury as well as the urethitis?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Urethral mucosa is very sensitive, either tear, inflammation or infection, so need prolonged antibiotics, up to 10 days. Alkasol is urine alkalizer, it helps during UTI to prevent acidification, next your questioning about future tearing, It can possibly happen if not proper hygiene, avoid intercourse, even masturbation till complete recovery.

|