Q. I am having pain and irritation while passing urine. Why?

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2019

I am having pain and irritation while passing urine. My urine report says my blood cell count is more than 100. My ultrasound report is normal. I feel shy to tell the doctor about my problem. I do masturbation once or twice a week, but nothing ever happened. Now my urine color is almost red, and pain is unbearable. Please suggest me the solution to my problem.

#

The most common cause for your problem must be urinary infection or a stone in the kidney tube. Since sonography is normal, infection is more likely. Do a urine culture sensitivity test and start an antibiotic.

I suggest tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice daily for seven days consult your doctor for the same.

Drink plenty of fluids. If the blood does not clear in one or two days, you may need a CT (computed tomography) scan and cystoscopy.

|