Q. I am having pain and irritation while passing urine. Why?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Published on Oct 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2019

I am having pain and irritation while passing urine. My urine report says my blood cell count is more than 100. My ultrasound report is normal. I feel shy to tell the doctor about my problem. I do masturbation once or twice a week, but nothing ever happened. Now my urine color is almost red, and pain is unbearable. Please suggest me the solution to my problem.

#

The most common cause for your problem must be urinary infection or a stone in the kidney tube. Since sonography is normal, infection is more likely. Do a urine culture sensitivity test and start an antibiotic.

I suggest tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice daily for seven days consult your doctor for the same.

Drink plenty of fluids. If the blood does not clear in one or two days, you may need a CT (computed tomography) scan and cystoscopy.

What is the reason for splenomegaly during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from pain around the uterus. She is 16 weeks pregnant. Her doctor suggested for a urine test and ultrasound scan. Urine infection was detected and using medicines for it. But, the ultrasound scan report came as splenomegaly and low lying placenta. This is our second b...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which reveals a normal blood test with urine infection sensitive to Nitrofurantoin and two scans revealing a pregnancy with low lying or anterior placenta along with splenomegaly. Urinary...  Read Full

A Patient's Guide to Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections

Article Overview: If you have frequent urinary tract infections, here are some strategies to reduce your risk. Read Article

Dr. Davie Wong
Urologist

1) Post-Menopause: As you get older, hormonal changes cause alterations to your vagina and its contents, predisposing you to urinary tract infections. Topical estrogen applied inside the vagina can reduce the risk of infections. Your doctor will decide if this treatment is right for you. 2) Sexual...  Read Article

How to Prevent Kidney Stones?

Article Overview: This article discusses the ways to prevent the formation of kidney stones. Read Article

A kidney stone is a common condition affecting individuals of all age groups. It is a recurring problem with approximately 50 % individuals experiencing a second episode. Though some people are prone to kidney stones, majority experience it because of their lifestyle.      ...  Read Article