Is the dripping of urine normal after UTI treatment in me?

Q. Is it normal to have urine dripping even after UTI treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Magesh Thirunavukkarasu
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2023

Hello doctor,

About a couple of months ago, I had severe pain in my left leg, I went to the doctor and it turns out I have a UTI and there were ketones and my fasting blood sugar was 121. The doctor gave me some antibiotics and some pain killers and Vitamin B. The pain was almost gone but there was some numbness in the same leg and stayed for almost a month but what I noticed is that I kept feeling like some urine in dripping from me, some times I find nothing and sometimes I find something but I am not sure if it is urine or not. A month ago I got a urine tested and there was nothing but I still have this same feeling like urine is coming out of me. I used to not drink water, some days I only drink one or 2 cups and I fear public restrooms so I used to keep urine almost 12 hours, can that be the cause?



Welcome to

I read your question that one month ago you had left leg pain and you also have a recurrent urinary tract infection. You are a young woman, no diabetes because I saw your HbA1c report that is less than 6.5 which means you do not have any diabetes mellitus. Coming to your symptoms, left leg pain and dribbling of urine. I want you to get a basic blood test done which is complete blood count renal profile, liver function test, urine routine and also check your vitamin B12 and vitamin D as well. When there is a deficiency in B12, your nerves will lose its functioning normal level.

Drink plenty of fluids and water because that will help one from getting too many episodes of urinary tract infections. Drink as much as you can but not more than 1.5 gallons and eat healthily. Avoid deep fried items like chicken, burger, sauce, chicken fries. Drink tender coconut water, eating banana will also help you get rid of some muscle pain. In order to answer the question perfectly I need to get a basic blood investigation and in the meantime take a regular painkiller like Paracetamol or Acetaminophen 650 mg twice a day whenever needed and you please get back to me if you have your old blood reports, you can send it to me. I will just take a look.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
My HbA1c is 7.5. Should I continue my tablet for diabetes?

So, I would suggest you to continue with tablet Glyciphage 500 mg (Metformin) with breakfast and with dinner for a month along with diet management and regular exercise ...   Read full

My vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it?

.. me any other clinical complaint if you have. Kindly mention whether you have taken any vitamin B12 supplement or tablet or injection? Attach your all reports to give more comment. Usually, liver disease, kidney disease, B12 intake, myeloproliferative n   Read full

My HbA1c level was 7.5 last month. Should I continue Gemer 1 tablet?

As far as tablet Gemer 1 mg (Glimepiride) is concerned, I suggest that it should be taken lifelong with another medication by the name of Metformin 250 mg twice daily after meals ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.