Q. My boyfriend noticed blood in his urine a couple of months ago but now the bleeding is more. Please help.

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

My boyfriend, who currently lives abroad, has found blood in his urine and ejaculate a couple of months ago. He then got tested for any STDs, but everything was negative. He went to a doctor and got antibiotics prescribed which seemed to help. But now the issue is back and worse, this time bleeding after he wakes up in the morning and there is already blood. It is also more compared to the beginning. He says it does not hurt, but it is uncomfortable. He is 24 years old and 185/190 cm tall and a relatively normal weight.

#

I can understand your concern.

We need to check the issue and know the cause. It can be due to a urinary tract infection. Already antibiotics used and doing a urine culture can help you understand better. Doing an ultrasound abdomen will help understand kidney stones. Doing BT (bleeding time) and CT (clotting time) will help understand the bleeding disorder. You can review the report so we can plan further.

|