Q. My mother experiences vaginal pain with difficulty in peeing. How to help?

Dr. Nasir
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 24, 2020

Hi.

My mother is 63 years old and is experiencing pain in her abdomen. She also frequents the use to the CR to pee, and is experiencing pain in her vagina because of it. It started last night. I would like to now what could be the possible reason for this so that we will know what doctor to consult. Your reply will be much appreciated. Thank you.

#

A very good day to you

I have gone through your question. let me explain to you in a letter brief manner as to what might be happening. usually as age increases the muscles in the lower abdomen and in around the uterus in a female become lax. Due to this difficulty in holding back or also urinating properly. Now because the urine gets stored improperly in the bladder it can lead to infections known as urinary tract infection. since your mother is complaining of pain in the vagina and frequent urination I think you should consult a general physician before the consultation with the gynecologist.

complete blood count along with urine routine and microscopy investigation can be done to rule out UTI. once the doctor has had a look at that area he will be in a better position to guide you. in old age the problems of prolapse also occur in which some part of the the cervix might come down. that has to be ruled out and it can be ruled out on basic examination. therefore I would suggest that you go to a general physician and rule out urinary tract infection followed by gynecologist visit. do let me know if you have any further questions.. I would be happy to help

complete blood count urine routine and microscopy

uti

shall be decided after the investigations are done

|