Dr. Shahil Khant
MBBS., M.S SURGERY., DNB UROLOGY
Andrology, General Surgery, Urology
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Please relax and do not worry. I will explain you everything in detail.
- Meningomyelocele (incomplete spinal canal at birth) is a condition that commonly affects bladder and bowel function.
- Since you do not have any problem with bladder and bowel function since childhood, this problem does not seem to be occurring because of meningomyelocele.
- I think you are suffering from urinary tract infection due to recent sexual exposure. I suggest you get the following tests for detection of urinary tract infection.
Investigations to be done:
1. Urine routine.Treatment plan:
2. Urine culture and sensitivity.
3. Ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis with post-void residual urine.
5. Serum creatinine.
Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment below.Preventive measures:
1. Tablet Norfloxacin 400 mg in the morning and evening for five days to be started after giving a urine sample for culture.
2. Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) in the morning for five days.
3. Syrup Cital 10 mL (Disodium hydrogen citrate) in glass of water in the morning and evening for seven days.
Drink at least 2 liters of water daily.Regarding follow up:
Revert back with the reports to a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist