Q. What is the solution for frequent urination after sex?

Answered by Dr. Shahil Khant and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Urinary Tract Infection or Urine Analysis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What is the solution for frequent urination after sex?

I am a 33 year old female who has had meningomyelocele (spina bifida) since birth. I suffer from scoliosis of the spine, paralysis of the lower limbs and valgus of the feet. My bladder and bowel control had always been exceptionally good in spite of my condition. Before 12 days, I had sexual intercourse for the first time. Since that day, I have noticed that I urinate with extreme frequency for every 30 minutes. The urge to go is also very strong and holding it for more than 5 minutes has become impossible. I even wake up in the night to visit the bathroom. 12 days have passed and the symptoms have not abated yet. Is this a common symptom? Is it related to meningomyelocele? What is the solution? Please help.