Q. Please suggest some medicines for my wife's UTI and hematuria.

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on May 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 31 year old wife got UTI and hematuria last year, which got resolved after medication. Today she started having UTI symptoms like frequent urination with burning and pain. Please suggest some medicines.

#

• She needs to get these basic tests.
  1. Ultrasound of the abdomen.
  2. Urine routine and culture.
  3. CBC (complete blood count).
  4. Serum creatinine.
  1. Tablet Niftran (Nitrofurantoin) 100 mg, morning and evening for seven days.
  2. Tablet Pan (Pantoprazole) 40 in the morning for seven days.
  3. Syrup Cital (Disodium hydrogen citrate) 10 ml, morning and evening in a glass of water for 15 days.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Start above medicines after getting the urine sample, not before that.

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Now my wife has blood in the urine and the pain is severe. One thing I forgot to mention is, she is feeding our baby. As I understand this Niftran is not safe for lactation, so she is not feeding the baby. Please suggest any painkiller to relive the pain. And any other medicine which is safe for breastfeeding to relieve from this urine infection and bleeding.

#

• If feeding is going on, then you should stop Niftran. I suggest taking tablet Augmentin (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 375 mg, in the morning, afternoon, and evening.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|