Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Please suggest some medicines for my wife's UTI and hematuria.

Answered by
Dr. Shahil Khant
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

My 31 year old wife got UTI and hematuria last year, which got resolved after medication. Today she started having UTI symptoms like frequent urination with burning and pain. Please suggest some medicines.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome to

  • She needs to get these basic tests.
  1. Ultrasound of the abdomen.
  2. Urine routine and culture.
  3. CBC (complete blood count).
  4. Serum creatinine.
  1. Tablet Niftran (Nitrofurantoin) 100 mg, morning and evening for seven days.
  2. Tablet Pan (Pantoprazole) 40 in the morning for seven days.
  3. Syrup Cital (Disodium hydrogen citrate) 10 ml, morning and evening in a glass of water for 15 days.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Start above medicines after getting the urine sample, not before that.

Revert with more information to a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Now my wife has blood in the urine and the pain is severe. One thing I forgot to mention is, she is feeding our baby. As I understand this Niftran is not safe for lactation, so she is not feeding the baby. Please suggest any painkiller to relive the pain. And any other medicine which is safe for breastfeeding to relieve from this urine infection and bleeding.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome back to

  • If feeding is going on, then you should stop Niftran. I suggest taking tablet Augmentin (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 375 mg, in the morning, afternoon, and evening.

For more information consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
A Patient's Guide to Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
Why is balanitis not responding to T-Bact and Augmentin 625?
Which drug works better for throat infection,Augmentin or Azithromycin?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.