Q. I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he gave me another medicine called Rapaflo and that did not help either. The leaking still has not gone away, and it hurts to ejaculate sometimes. I had the cystoscopy done about five months ago. Is there some medicine to help with this? The leaking is very embarrassing, and my sex drive is much lower. I do not feel like I get erections. What do you think is going on with me?

#

• How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow?
  • Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the record of the volume of urine you pass with timing and volume of liquid intake.
  • I suggest capsule Roliflo 2 mg once daily (Tamsulosin and Tolterodine) for seven days and stop other medication. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  • We will manage the sexual problem after we get over this as this may be causing your sexual problem. Till then, I suggest tablet Modula (Tadalafil) 5 mg every evening for 15 days. Also, this issue has no relation to sex.

USG pvr (post-void residual) and prevoid residual volume.

1. Capsule Roliflo 2 mg once daily.
2. Tablet Modula 5 mg once daily for 15 days.

Revert after seven days to a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for the feedback. When I went into urology, they did an ultrasound and told me that I was emptying all the way. But, I do not understand how that could be since I still leak. The flow is not what it used to be before I was having this problem. I would say maybe 70% of normal volume. I usually get up once or twice at night, but this is not normal for me. It is also harder to start the flow as I have to push. The amount I leak is usually just enough to make my underwear slightly wet. It is a very small spot that is wet, but still very embarrassing.

#

• After passing urine wait for two minutes and press on the perineum or underside of the penis gently to express the few drops lying in the urethra.
  • Have regular sex for at least twice a week or masturbate. Also, spend some 30 minutes for yoga or meditation, which improves general wellbeing.

Revert after seven days to a urologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|