Q. I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Answered by
Dr. Devendra
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he gave me another medicine called Rapaflo and that did not help either. The leaking still has not gone away, and it hurts to ejaculate sometimes. I had the cystoscopy done about five months ago. Is there some medicine to help with this? The leaking is very embarrassing, and my sex drive is much lower. I do not feel like I get erections. What do you think is going on with me?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow?
  • Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the record of the volume of urine you pass with timing and volume of liquid intake.
  • I suggest capsule Roliflo 2 mg once daily (Tamsulosin and Tolterodine) for seven days and stop other medication. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  • We will manage the sexual problem after we get over this as this may be causing your sexual problem. Till then, I suggest tablet Modula (Tadalafil) 5 mg every evening for 15 days. Also, this issue has no relation to sex.

Investigations to be done:

USG pvr (post-void residual) and prevoid residual volume.

Treatment plan:

1. Capsule Roliflo 2 mg once daily.
2. Tablet Modula 5 mg once daily for 15 days.

Regarding follow up:

Revert after seven days to a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Hi doctor,

Thank you for the feedback. When I went into urology, they did an ultrasound and told me that I was emptying all the way. But, I do not understand how that could be since I still leak. The flow is not what it used to be before I was having this problem. I would say maybe 70% of normal volume. I usually get up once or twice at night, but this is not normal for me. It is also harder to start the flow as I have to push. The amount I leak is usually just enough to make my underwear slightly wet. It is a very small spot that is wet, but still very embarrassing.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • After passing urine wait for two minutes and press on the perineum or underside of the penis gently to express the few drops lying in the urethra.
  • Have regular sex for at least twice a week or masturbate. Also, spend some 30 minutes for yoga or meditation, which improves general wellbeing.

Revert after seven days to a urologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can Levosulpiride and Flupenthixol cause low sexual drive?

.. read and understood your problem. Levosulpiride and Flupenthixol can cause problem with erection. This is the cause of erectile dysfunction in your case. Sildenafil citrate (Viagra) is usually prescribed at a dose of 50 mg three hours before sex....   Read full

My problem is low sexual drive.Please suggest some medicines without side effects.

.. answer a few questions so that I can help you better. Do you have early morning erections? If not, since when? Do you masturbate? If yes, then how many times a week and do you have any problem in doing it? Since when do you have a low sex dri...   Read full

Why do I have to constrict my muscles to urinate?

.. like to know few more details to help you in a better way. Do you have any stress incontinence? Is there involuntary dribbling of urine when coughing? Do you have any urgency that is unable to control passing urine once you got the thought of pas...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Shall I take Tadalafil tablet to maintain erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years of age weighing 76 kg and my height is 5 feet 6 inches. I am unable to maintain erection. I have been experiencing this since a year. Prior to that, it was all fine and great. I have not had any other health issue and my BP, sugar levels, cholesterol are all normal. I e...  Read Full »

Is it recommended to take Tadalafil and Bupropion together?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently taking Tadalafil as we are trying to conceive a child. I used to take Sildenafil Citrate but switched to Tadalafil a few months back. There are certain days when besides taking Tadalafil or Sildenafil I am unable to maintain an erection. This could be either due to low ...  Read Full »

My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My fo...  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.