Q. I feel that my urinary bladder leaks for some reason. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 24, 2021

I am a 25 year old female. I am facing an issue with my urinary bladder. Most of the times I find my underwear wet with water or urine and not with white discharge. I feel my urine gets leaked. It is not that I tend to hold onto my urine for long. Whenever I feel like urinating, I instantly go to the washroom, but I find my underwear already wet. Even at night when I sleep, I go to the loo once. When I wake up in the morning, I find it very wet and irritating. I am not able to make out the problem. I am facing this issue for a long time of around two to three years. I am not taking medication for this issue. I did try some pelvic exercises to make my pelvic area stronger, but there is no benefit. Kindly help.

#

• Can you please provide more history? How long have you been having this issue now? Do you have pain with urination?
  • How many kids to you have and were they relieved vaginally? Did you have any bladder or cervical procedure?

Revert with the answers to the above questions to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am unmarried, and I do not have any kids. The issue has been there for the last two to three years. There is no pain during urination. I did not undergo any bladder or cervical procedures. I do not know what should I do, but all I can feel and make out is that perhaps my urinary bladder leaks for some reason.

#

It could be a weakness in the lower sphincter of the urinary bladder, stress or overflow incontinence where if you hold your urine for long periods of time it will overflow and cause wetness.

1. Complete urine analysis.
2. Urodynamic studies.
3. Ultrasound of the urinary bladder and pelvis.
4. Speculum examination by a gynecologist.

Frequent emptying of the bladder, Kegal exercises and pelvic strengthening exercises.

Revert with the reports to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|