Q. I need some advice regarding my uterine fibroids. Kindly help.

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 12, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 07, 2020

I am 41 years old. I had two full term normal delivery. I do not have any menstrual problem. My cycle is regular for 28 days with three to four days of bleeding. My last menstrual period was on the 5th of this month. I have been having lower back pain and groin pain for the last 10 days. I feel more pain while sitting and severe on and off spasm in the inguinal region. My TVU showed three small fibroids, two subserosal (2.8 x 2.2 cm and 1.3 x 1.2 cm) and one submucosal (1.5 x 1.2 cm). I have been treated for UTI, but there is no relief. My mom is 66 years old and recently got treatment for early breast cancer. I need some advice on my issue. Please explain whether the cause of the pain is fibroids or not. I need some advice if fibroids could be the cause.

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The fibroids can cause lower back pain and groin pain, especially around the time of period. However, if you do not have menstrual problems due to it, then no need for treatment.

Usually, mild painkiller can be used for the pain at present along with simple home remedies.

If the pain persists, then it would be good to get evaluated for other causes of back pain, because symptomatic fibroids would cause menstrual issues as well.

For further information consult a obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I have attached my TVU for your reference.

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

I did go through your reports and scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The fibroids are there, but are very small to actually cause any major issue.

|