Q. I have fever, chills and diagnosed with UTI. Please suggest a better way to treat it.

Dr. Sayan Mukherjee

Doc first i had fever and chills last month then i was diagnosed with uti they treated me with Cefixime 200 mg 2 doses for 7 days but it didn't work but after 2 days it resolved by itself and after 1 week gap i again had groin pain, suprapubic pain, kidney pain and burning sensation during urine, urinary frequency, few drops of urine dropped after urination and they gave Azithromycin and painkiller after 2 days of that i had vomiting and chills and then i visited the doctor. They gave Sultamicillin 750 mg and painkillers and 3 days before they gave Sodium bicarbonate and Ofloxacin. The ultrasound showed its "renal parenchymal disease" and my creatinine is high, and in cbc infection is showing and urinalysis also shows infection last week. But in this week only monocytes are high and creatinine is high. I wanna know is there is any better way to treat this other than the Sodium bicarbonate and Oflaxacin.

#

whatever the symptoms and report I have seen that suggests a case of uti with acute kidney injury. as per your symptom the disease is recurrent. your reports are not too much to worried about. go for one urine culture report and fasting blood sugar. otherwise increase your water intake that will settle down your creatinine. maintain genital hygiene and abstinence from sexual contact for 2 weeks. take tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice daily for 5 days.

urine culture, serum fasting glucose

tab. nitrofurantoin 100mg twice daily for 5 days. take plenty of water.

| 

Is UTI contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days ago I was diagnosed with UTI infection. I was put on antibiotics, and the ER doctor sent my urine for a culture. My doctor told me that Klebsiella pneumoniae is present in my urine culture and referred me to a specialist. What does it mean? I am 23 years old and sexually active...  Read Full »

Should I take Amikacin injections for my UTI?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 36 year old female. I am currently breast feeding. I am suffering from severe UTI since 20 days. My gynecologist suggested Ceftum, Citralka, and Urispas for three days. After taking the course I was fine for two days. But, after two days, the UTI symptoms came back, but not as se...  Read Full »

What is the possible condition that can cause burning sensation during urination?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I have been having burning with urination and just burning in my urethra in general, sometimes even when I am not urinating. A month ago I went to the doctor's office with UTI symptoms and blood in my urine and was told I did in fact have a bladder infection and was given Ci...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Nephrologist Now