Kindly suggest a better way to cure UTI.

Q. I have fever, chills and diagnosed with UTI. Please suggest a better way to treat it.

Dr. Sayan Mukherjee
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 18, 2023

A month back, I had a fever and chills. I was diagnosed with UTI. My doctor gave me Cefixime 200 mg two doses for seven days. It did not help me. After two days, it got resolved by itself. After a week, I started to have groin pain, suprapubic pain, kidney pain, burning sensation during urination, reduced urinary frequency, and a few drops of urine dropped during urination. They gave me Azithromycin and painkillers. After two days, I had vomiting and chills. Again I consulted a doctor. He gave me Sultamicillin 750 mg with painkillers for three days. Currently, I am taking Sodium bicarbonate and Ofloxacin. My ultrasound shows renal parenchymal disease and my creatinine remains high. My CBC shows that I have an infection and urinalysis also shows that I have an infection. I took this last week. But in this week, only monocytes and creatinine remain high. Is there any other way to treat this condition other than Sodium bicarbonate and Ofloxacin?

#

You have UTI (urinary tract infection) with acute kidney injury. Your symptoms recur frequently. Your reports are not so bad to be worried. You can do urine culture and fasting blood sugar after few days. Increase your water intake and it helps to settle your creatinine level. Maintain genital hygiene and have abstinence from sex for two weeks. You can take tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice daily for five days.

You can do urine culture and serum fasting glucose.

You can take tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice daily for five days and take plenty of water.

|