Q. Can UTI be related to sexually transmitted disease?

Answered by Dr. Karthik Rajan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Uti or Std? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have a question regarding my urine. I feel I might have urinary tract infection, as I feel slight burning while passing the urine, and once the urine is done for a few seconds. Also, sometimes my urine is cloudy, or milky type at the beginning of the urine. Leukocyte esterase came positive, and pus cells are 8 to 10 WBC or HPF. Please check the report, and inform me same about the disease, and what to do. Is this related to sexually transmitted disease by any chance? I had unprotected sex, five months ago, and recently tested for HIV and came negative. Is this something to do with it?