Q. I have blurred vision. Is it due to glaucoma?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

I think I might have glaucoma. I have vomiting, loss of consciousness, and blurred vision 6/12 in the right eye and 6/6 in the left eye.

All details are in the attached report. I can send photos. I am currently taking medicines for depression.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have seen your attachments. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seems like you have posterior uveitis. There is a reaction in vitreous and also inflammation in the retina. However, vomiting and blackouts can be due to neurological deficits. Please get an MRI brain and also followup with a neurologist. In the meantime, start Timolol eye drop twice daily and Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone eye drop four times a day.

| 

Attached is a prescription I have been given for my eye problem. Do you seem these medications appropriate? If yes, what doses and length of time would you recommend?

Also, what specialist would you recommend I see? A uveitis specialist? Can any other specialists monitor my condition and how often should I be consulted to have medications, treatment and possibly altered depending on successes or possible adverse reactions? I am concerned to take these medications as there are no uveitis specialists where I currently live.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I advise you to see a vitreoretinal specialist ophthalmologist for uveitis. First weekly follow up, then monthly followup up to six months is necessary. And steroids will be given which will decrease the inflammation but take them according to dose only. What about vomiting and blackouts did you consult a neurologist?

| 

Are vitreous cells found in anterior uveitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with bilateral anterior uveitis two months back. I was put on Pred Forte. After 20 days of which only occasional AC cells were seen in right eye with no flare. Left eye was clear, but few mid vitreous cells were seen which were not present before. Hence, I was still on Pre...  Read Full »

Is my blurred vision related to the dose of Metoprolol?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last five days, I am experiencing a kind of blurred vision. Initially, I was on Metoprolol 50 mg as I had a viral infection on the muscles of the heart. This time, when I visited my cardiologist, he said that the viral infection is almost gone and reduced my dose to 25 mg. After t...  Read Full »

Why is there eye redness with pain and headache in uveitis patient?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a uveitis patient. Although my uveitis is under control and vision is good. But from the last three days due to the climate change may be or may be due to the late night sleep and excessive use of laptop whatever cause is, I am having headache and redness along with little bit pain...  Read Full »