Q. I have blurred vision. Is it due to glaucoma?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

I think I might have glaucoma. I have vomiting, loss of consciousness, and blurred vision 6/12 in the right eye and 6/6 in the left eye.

All details are in the attached report. I can send photos. I am currently taking medicines for depression.

#

I have seen your attachments. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seems like you have posterior uveitis. There is a reaction in vitreous and also inflammation in the retina. However, vomiting and blackouts can be due to neurological deficits. Please get an MRI brain and also followup with a neurologist. In the meantime, start Timolol eye drop twice daily and Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone eye drop four times a day.

Attached is a prescription I have been given for my eye problem. Do you seem these medications appropriate? If yes, what doses and length of time would you recommend?

Also, what specialist would you recommend I see? A uveitis specialist? Can any other specialists monitor my condition and how often should I be consulted to have medications, treatment and possibly altered depending on successes or possible adverse reactions? I am concerned to take these medications as there are no uveitis specialists where I currently live.

#

I advise you to see a vitreoretinal specialist ophthalmologist for uveitis. First weekly follow up, then monthly followup up to six months is necessary. And steroids will be given which will decrease the inflammation but take them according to dose only. What about vomiting and blackouts did you consult a neurologist?

|