Q. Is yeast infection the cause for green or yellow vaginal discharge?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Infanteena Marily

I have a yeast infection with a green and yellow discharge and a slight odor. There is itching and little discomfort as well. I was taking tablet Fluconazole for the same. Please help me.

#

I understand your concern and will surely help you. You have mentioned already that you have a yeast infection. Please tell me whether you have odor along with discharge and burning sensation while urinating. My suggestion based on the information you provided is as follows,

1) Use feminine wash to clean the area.

2) Keep your intimate area dry.

3) Apply Surfaz-SN cream (Beclometasone, Neomycin, and Clotrimazole) locally.

4) Wear loose cotton undergarments.

5) Avoid intense workouts to prevent sweating around your private parts.

6) Use contraceptives like a condom during intercourse.

Please share the details as requested for an even better assessment of your condition. I hope you will be fine within a week.

|