Q. What causes white vaginal discharge?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Oct 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2019

I am witnessing a discharge of white substance. It discharges during pee and also normally it is happening from the last two days. Please tell me what is the problem and solution for it.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Females normally have some white discharge during the cycle. If you do not have burning sensation, pain or itching. And the discharge is not foul smelling, then no need to do anything. It is normal. If it is abnormal, then you will have to take medicines accordingly. For tablets ease consult nearby physician, let the doctor see what type of discharge you have and take antibiotics accordingly.

Some precautions: Drink more water, keep the lower area dry, change pads more frequently during your period, wear cotton underwear, if possible. Wash with plain water and urinate everytime after sex.

Why did I not get my periods after intercourse?

Query: Dear doctor, I had intercourse with my husband last month, after my regular periods. My last period date was 9th August and it is two months now. Till now, I did not get my periods. Suggest me what should I do.  Read Full »

My periods is delayed by nearly two weeks. What do you recommend doing?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. Last month, my period came 13 days late and this month it is 15 days over the date. My period lasts two days mostly which I think is not really healthy. What do you recommend doing?  Read Full »

I have postmenopausal vaginal discharge. Should I opt for a hysterectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 52 year old female, who weighs 75 kg and I am 152 cm tall. I want to know whether we should opt for hysterectomy or not. I do not want to do a hysterectomy, as it may interfere with hormonal balance later. I have postmenopausal vaginal discharge, with a fair amount of red spots. W...  Read Full »