Q. Why are there pus cells and RBC in urine with fever and cramps?

Dr. Udaya Nath Sahoo

Pus cells 8 to 10, my urine RBC is 6 to 8 and now I have the menstrual period. I feel I have a fever and cramps in my left side leg and hips side feel pain little bit and headache. What does it mean?

#

As per your clinical history is concerned, please follow like this. Discuss with your doctor about the prescription medications like Nitrofurantoin to clear the infection and Paracetamol for pain and fever. Do follow lifestyle modifications like this.

Drink plenty of liquids, especially water. Drinking water helps dilute your urine and ensures that you will urinate more frequently allowing bacteria to be flushed from your urinary tract before an infection can begin. Wipe from front to back. Doing so after urinating and after a bowel movement helps prevent bacteria in the anal region from spreading to the vagina and urethra. Empty your bladder soon after intercourse. Also, drink a full glass of water to help flush bacteria. Avoid potentially irritating feminine products. Using deodorant sprays or other feminine products, such as douches and powders, in the genital area can irritate the urethra.

| 

Can I use Terbinaforce plus cream for a vaginal infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »

Do mild cramps, bleeding and lower back pain indicate miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old and according to LMP, I am 9 weeks and 6 days pregnant now. I had three previous miscarriages (two chemical pregnancies and one at 5-6 weeks). This pregnancy has been really well until a few days ago. Last week I had an ultrasound and the heart rate was 173. That night,...  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Family Physician Now