Q. May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2020

I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.

#

• Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally. Also, get a vaginal swab test done.
  • I suggest you apply the Candid B cream (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) locally till then. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Avoid having sex.
  • Wash your private parts with normal tap water every time you use the washroom.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am having urine infection for the last one week. I have taken medicine, which was prescribed by a gynecologist. But, I am not getting relief from urine infection. I feel better now, but itching and burning are still present.

#

• Vaginal itching is mainly vaginal infection and not really related to urinary infection, though it may be an added factor.
  • Apply the cream I have suggested. Please get the vaginal swab tests and get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|