Q. May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Nov 08, 2016

I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally. Also, get a vaginal swab test done.
  • I suggest you apply the Candid B cream (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) locally till then. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Avoid having sex.
  • Wash your private parts with normal tap water every time you use the washroom.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am having urine infection for the last one week. I have taken medicine, which was prescribed by a gynecologist. But, I am not getting relief from urine infection. I feel better now, but itching and burning are still present.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Vaginal itching is mainly vaginal infection and not really related to urinary infection, though it may be an added factor.
  • Apply the cream I have suggested. Please get the vaginal swab tests and get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What is Fourderm cream used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am working at a steel industry. So, due to excess heat in the workplace I always have a lot of sweat in private areas. I consult a doctor for the infection. He prescribed me Betadine powder to use and Fourderm cream. Is it helpful?  Read Full »

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full »

I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and ba...  Read Full »