Q. Can UTI cause irritation in vaginal opening?

Dr. Jimesh H. Mavani

I am having a lot of irritation on my vagina opening and when I scratch it, it feels good but it gets more irritated. I went to the doctor recently and I had a UTI, however I am still feeling very itchy and I am getting concerned. I am 22 years old and right now I am only taking the antibiotics for the UTI.

#

It looks like boil. And mostly it is UTI related (attachment removed to protect ptient identity). Continue taking antibiotics. Can be in healing phase and that is why itching must be there. But you can take Syrup Cital like liquid 2 times a day for 15 days. And can also apply Candid - B like ointment which will help in reducing itching. Do not scratch. It will increase the infection.

Drink more water. Keep the vaginal area as dry as possible. If you have white discharge per vaginal then can take Candid V6 tablets vaginally every night for 6 days. If not controlled with given antibiotics then may require to change antibiotics or antibiotics by injections.

I have attached an image to show what it looks like in the inside.

#

Looks like vaginitis. Can take vaginal pessary as I told before. Candid V6 like. As you are already on antibiotics. Need to continue that and complete the course. And if that antibiotics are not working then only change to next. Take other measures to prevent recurrence. Precautions as I told earlier.

Not looks like herpes. Herpes lesions are more painful and not itching. So keep the area clean and dry. Can take sitz bath two times daily. Need to take Potassium Permanganate powder for that. And lastly apply gention violet like antiseptic locally once in 3 days. But it will stain the area and clothes. So use cautiously. And wait for STD test. This will ensure the treatment to the point. So do take precautions and do not scratch. Can use local ointment like Candid B, can take sitz bath. And can apply gention violet once in 3 days. But do not know what will be available there over the counter without prescription. Hopefully this all will help to minimise symptoms and give support to your current treatment.

|