Q. What is causing sharp pain in vagina after urinating?

Answered by Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Vaginal Pain or Semen Analysis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What is causing sharp pain in vagina after urinating?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana
MBBS., DGO., DNB
Family Physician, Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Get your urine routine and culture, high vaginal swab culture. If you are sexually active, then get partner's urine routine and his semen culture and sensitivity. At present, you can apply steroid with antibiotic and antifungal ointment for local application. You can also apply Lignocaine 2 % around the urinary opening. Drink a lot of water at least 4 to 5 liters of liquids daily. Wash with plain water only, do not use any vaginal douch formula.

My sister is suffering from severe vaginal pain. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I need an opinion regarding my elder sister. She is 52 years old. She is diabetic and is suffering from severe vaginal pain for the last few weeks. While collection of pap smear, the swab was bloody and it was very painful for her. She is currently using Candid cream and Candid V6 tablet ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports of both pap smear and tumor markers are within normal limits and rules out any malignancy in terms of possible cervical cancer. However, the pain in vagina and blood tinge at her age, where she is likely menopausal, could be due to atrophic vaginitis. ...  Read Full »

I am having itching in clitoris and inflamed lips on labia. Is it an STD?
Query: Hello doctor,Yesterday, I had some really bad itching in my clitoris. Today I woke up with inflamed lips on labia and more discharge than usual. Please help me my vagina is sore and I am only 18 years old. I do not want to tell my parents that I have been sexually active. I do not know if it is a ST...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be sexually transmitted disease. Have one vaginal swab to check in the laboratory to exactly know the organism of infection. Have a strict hygiene. Wear soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to prevent transmission of infection. After collection of vag...  Read Full »

Ankylosing Spondylitis
Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?
The pulse rate started to fall after giving Epinephrine in a 4-year-old child. Kindly give your opinion.

Also Read Answers From