Q. What is causing sharp pain in vagina after urinating?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana
Published on Mar 30, 2019

I feel a sharp pain in my vagina after urinating.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Get your urine routine and culture, high vaginal swab culture. If you are sexually active, then get partner's urine routine and his semen culture and sensitivity. At present, you can apply steroid with antibiotic and antifungal ointment for local application. You can also apply Lignocaine 2 % around the urinary opening. Drink a lot of water at least 4 to 5 liters of liquids daily. Wash with plain water only, do not use any vaginal douch formula.

My sister is suffering from severe vaginal pain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I need an opinion regarding my elder sister. She is 52 years old. She is diabetic and is suffering from severe vaginal pain for the last few weeks. While collection of pap smear, the swab was bloody and it was very painful for her. She is currently using Candid cream and Candid V6 tablet ...  Read Full »

I am having itching in clitoris and inflamed lips on labia. Is it an STD?

Query: Hello doctor,Yesterday, I had some really bad itching in my clitoris. Today I woke up with inflamed lips on labia and more discharge than usual. Please help me my vagina is sore and I am only 18 years old. I do not want to tell my parents that I have been sexually active. I do not know if it is a ST...  Read Full »