Q. My vagina is always itchy after a period. What should I do?

Dr. Garima Sawhney
Published on Jul 25, 2017

I usually have a slight on and off vaginal itching after my periods, for which I consulted a doctor. She advised me to take two tablets of Candiforce 200 and it stopped. However, these days I still have light vaginal itching on and off. My period date is on the 28th. Kindly help as I am worried.

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• I suggest you do a high vaginal swab (HVS) to rule out any infection as it will also tell you which medicines will suit you.

Follow up with the report.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Will it be painful?

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• It does not cause any pain or discomfort and can be done in a minute's time.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Why am I having frequent yellow-green vaginal discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from yellowish green vagina discharge. I have been to several doctors and they have done urine tests, vaginal swab. But nothing helped and have been given medication for a bacterial infection, yeast infection. The symptoms just keep coming back. I will attach a p...  Read Full »

Having PCOS, How to regularize the menstrual cycle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I am really worried and fed up with my fat thighs and hips. As I am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and I used to miss my menses. Now, my menstruation is regular. But, whenever I skip physical exercise I am sure that I will miss my menses. I think these all...  Read Full »