Q. Can I get fitted with pessary on the day of confirmation of vaginal prolapse?

Dr. Nadia Khan

If I have vaginal prolapse, will I be fitted with a pessary the day of discovery or will I be told to return another day? I am not really sure if you have a uterine prolapse but I seem to have several similar symptoms which includes, the feeling that you are sitting on a ball, increased discharge, constipation (what I believe to be the leading cause, since I have had chronic constipation as a child), a pulling or heavy feeling in the pelvis, the sense of something coming out of my vagina (when I checked with a mirror it looked like something was right at the entrance of my vagina). I have already made an appointment to consult my gynecologist. However, I just wanted to know how long it would take to treat this problem.

#

Yes, they may treat prolapse with pessary on the same day. As this is not a lengthy procedure, pessary insertion takes a few minutes to be done. But delays can be expected just in case a right size and shaped (according to your vagina size) pessary is not available right at the time of your presentation to the clinic. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

|