Q. Is surgical correction important for loose vagina with gap?

I am 21 years old and five months postpartum. I have an embarrassing problem that my vagina is gaping open and very loose. I cannot move without air getting inside. My husband called me an empty pringles can and left me. It is that bad. It actually was that way already before I gave birth and I was always queefing it seems to progress over the years, it started when I was about 12 years old (was not sexually active until 19). Should I get a vaginoplasty and would it last or would it just go back to loose anyway after some time?

#

I have seen the pictures which have been uploaded and there is indeed gaping of the vaginal orifice with perineal laxity and also decreased mons pubis and labia mayoral fat pad (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Ideally, after postpartum, one is advised Kegel's exercises to tone the perineal muscles for 3 to 4 months if surgical correction is to be avoided.

In your case, where air is seeping in and it is affecting your personal relationship as well, it is suggested that you should opt for a cosmetic gynecology procedure under aesthetic medicine called laser vaginal rejuvenation by thermiva (instrument name- you may search literature if need be), which can help correct the looseness of the vaginal walls circumferentially.

Also, after re-evaluation of the results of the procedure after a month, then you can be considered for corrective vaginoplasty with perineoplasty with bilateral vulvoplasty, which would help you regain the aesthetics of the genital area and also your concerns could be addressed. Post-procedure you would be asked to avoid pregnancy for at least two years which would help the wall to repair and strengthen and results can be followed up in subsequent visits. So please meet a cosmetic gynecologist, get assessed and discuss your options in detail. Do not worry, this is correctable.

|