Q. What are the causes of red spots or pimples all over the body?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

I got red spots or pimples all over my body in last two days. I tried taking Paracetamol but its still worse. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

Your description suggests that you have got Varicella infection, widely known as chickenpox. It is a viral infection caused by the Varicella-Zoster virus.

The anti-viral medication should be started within three days to control the spread and severity. The person needs to be in isolation for six to seven days when crusting develops as it can easily spread to others (those who are not infected previously).

I suggest you the following medications-

1. Tablet Valcivir 1 gm three times a day for five days.

2. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg whenever fever is present.

3. Tablet Levosiz 5 mg once a day for five days.

4. T-Bact Ointment (Mupirocin) apply twice daily to prevent secondary bacterial infection.

5. You must take bed rest, drink plenty of fluids, and isolation from others is recommended.

Take care.

|