Q. I have asymptomatic AF and vascular dementia. Please advise.

I have asymptomatic AF vascular dementia.

#

Please attach your ECGs.

Revert with more information to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

These will be AliveCor Kardia-band ECGs. (Apple X with new first ever internet connection for continuous beat-to-beat recording capability). And I would like to send more of these rhythms in the future. Sometimes, when the watch sensor moves it is easy to suspect T waves that may not there? I also have noticed that sometimes these ECGs have just a few irregular AFib rhythms, like just a very few old MI pulse periods. I am an engineer. So, I welcome your education and insight.

#

I have gone through all your tracings (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are showing atrial fibrillation with controlled ventricular rate. The likely cause is an age-related change. Older people tend to get AFib. There are no Q waves in any of tracings. Some nonspecific T wave inversion in some leads is there but not definitive to suggest an ischemic cause.

So, no significant Q waves and T wave inversion or any changes of old MI. However, this is just a single lead so limited information is available. So if you have any 12 lead ECG, please attach.

Next thing, you may continue to have Sotalol for it. But, in general, for elder patients with AFib, we would like to get some tests done like echo and stress test to rule out ischemia. Also, this will increase the risk of clot formation in heart and stroke. So, the decision of blood thinner should be reconsidered if there are no contraindications. So, discuss with your cardiologist regarding this.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|